I'm aware of the existence of the Chiac dialect, but I don't know much about it. Could someone please explain how prevalent it is, and how it differs from other French dialects?

I heard people talk Chiac in New-Brunswick but I won't even try to explain anything about it as I had hard times understanding what people where saying, while I'm fluent french and québecois ;)
    – LudoMC
    Sep 1, 2011 at 17:01
    @LudoMC since you're the closest, please go back there and make a full investigation, thanks!
    – Joubarc
    Sep 2, 2011 at 13:44
  • @Joubarc I'm living in Monaco, so 6 000 kms from Chiac speaking people! I just go in QC/NB at least once a year for 20 yrs :)
    – LudoMC
    Sep 2, 2011 at 16:27

1 Answer 1

Wikipedia. It seems to be a recent creole of French and English in use in a specific region of Canada, and totally unknown where I am.

• This specific region is in the atlantic's provinces (New Brunswick, Price Edward Island and Nova Scotia)...
    – climenole
    Sep 7, 2012 at 18:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.