I don't speak French yet and I use Bing Translator and Google images when needed. But I can't figure this one. How to translate: - Bales - Balers or Balers pack

Bales and balers as in agriculture.

Thank you in advance.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


Bales are bottes, balles, or ballots, here balles rondes de foin (hay).

Balers are presses à balles rondes, emballeuses, ramasseuses-presses, botteleuses or balloteuses.

  • 1
    Also, Hay bales -> "bottes de foin" and Baler -> "Botteleuse".
    – Graffito
    Dec 5, 2016 at 22:45
  • @GraffitoYes, thanks, you are right, that's the name most casual people will call them. Answer updated. The large round ones are called balles by farmers and machinery manufacturer though.
    – jlliagre
    Dec 5, 2016 at 23:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.